And the stroll continues…

As I stroll down the road soaking in the bright sun, I can’t help but think of the worlds I belong to. I kick the stone lying on the footpath and go on with my thoughts- uninterrupted. I can still feel the warmth of the hot coffee mug nestled in my curled fingers. Easy conversations and tiffs come rushing back. Our laughter still hangs thick on the trees around the tea stall and your glass still rests there. Crackles, flowers and the purple toothbrush I cherish them all. Bus rides and long hours of wait. I can still smell the smoke in my hair and on your palms. Tears. Move on. Careful, the road takes a sharp turn. I sit alone and question myself. I relearn to laugh with my eyes and heart. The Magic is back again. New books, new characters and a newer world. Vain hours. Imagination at work. Color of the left. With zest splashed all over me, I embark on the journey again. Caught unaware this time. No boards read “caution: deep valley ahead”. I blush and smile. I feel like never before. I’m gulled to the cell phone 24*7. I Pinch myself. Insult my intuition. Smile even more. Dark road and us. The world is my oyster. Unheard melodies fill me up. I hear you breathe. I want to dance. I want to know but I ignore. I want to believe. I do. Pyrrhic joy. I banish my gut to dumps. Intoxicated fool. Not once, over and over again. Finally I shift lanes. The sun shines and the stroll continues. :)

2 comments:

Rishabh P Nair said...

that was intense.. ..r u like really moving on after a loooooong relationship?? :o

Once again u've outdone ur self :)

Ana said...

i didnt realise you write so well and so passionately. Please write more freqwuently on ur blog. I will be watching this space